google.com, pub-5075614835530024, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Staying Chic With Warm Layers | Classically Contemporary

Monday, March 31, 2014

Staying Chic With Warm Layers

Vintage AirForce jacket, J Crew cashmere circle scarf, Material Girl burgundy wax denim, H&M fuzzy cardigan,
Vintage striped shirt, Gap belt, Roots Selina satchel
Before heading out to see Divergent the other night, I decided to snap a few quick pictures of my outfit. It's far too easy to fall into the routine of wearing the same neutral layers each and every week, especially with this fabulous polar vortex still holding strong. Changing up my typical outfit choices by incorporating colour into my weekly wardrobe has proven to be very fun and exciting. To stay warm, I made sure to throw on a layer in-between my jacket and shirt. This H&M sweater is so incredibly warm, but doesn't look bulky or boring. I loved pairing the rich army green with a deep burgundy plum, and finishing off with some splashes of neutrals to pull the look together.


The key to combining contrasting colours all comes down to the textiles. No two items are alike in this outfit, with textures ranging from cozy knits to rugged and real army wear. Incorporating chic elements like gold accessories and a loose-fitting striped dress shirt will tone down the intensity and serve for a comfy, chic outfit. Unfortunately, my footwear didn't make the cut, but I was wearing some simple black leather booties from Aldo. I'm sure they'll be featured again soon, since they're one of my favourite pairs of shoes.

A vintage chain holding my Stella & Dot initial charm
I've been enjoying playing with my blunt bob, seen here in a very natural, wavy-ish state. I can't decide if I should maintain its short cut, or let it grow out for a more shoulder-lenght look. Suggestions are always appreciated!

Here's hoping for more spring-like weather!
xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig