google.com, pub-5075614835530024, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Visiting Annecy, France | Classically Contemporary

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Visiting Annecy, France


Tucked into the heart of the Rhône-Alpes region in south-eastern France, Annecy is a small gem of a city that is just too pretty for words. The tastefully coloured streets are full of life, especially since August is peak tourist time. I was amazed by how many attractions are fit into such a teensy area. Although you do need to pay a slight premium for most things in town, I found things to be quite reasonable for the fabulous quality and breathtaking views.


I absolutely loved taking a little "pedalo" (paddle boat) around the lac d'Annecy. With some bright sunshine and warm weather, the view really speaks for itself. 


Especially in the small, slow towns, I could sit in a cafe and stare at the scenery all day. Each corner is perfectly manicured in a typical "French Country" style. I'm a definite fan. 



My dress is an old find from H&M, my bag is vintage and my shoes are the classic Birkenstock Gizeh. 


Crepes and Perrier. That is all.


And finally, some super delicious passion fruit and raspberry gelato to finish off the day. I first fell for passion fruit back in January when I had the real thing in the Dominican Republic. I've been on the hunt for all things related since then, and the "glace" here is a perfect fix.
I've been loving France and can't wait to continue my travels to the Netherlands and Belgium. Stay tuned!
xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig